Monday, March 26, 2012

The Best Lemon-Y Cookies!

I just pulled the most delicious cookies out of the lemon,  I mean oven. 
Seriously, that's how good they are.
 (I really just typed that, and decided not to fix it!)
You wanna' know what they are??


First, you need to stop reading, get off your computer, grab your purse and keys, throw your kids in your van and go buy some lemons. I promise that if you don't do that before you read this post, you will wish you had. Go ahead....I'll wait.


Hey, you're back!  How was your trip? The kids did what?  (Just kidding! Back to cookies.)


Most of my inspiration comes from Pinterest lately and one of my friends has an entire board dedicated to "When Life Hands You Lemons"  (Cute, right?!)  She pinned this recipe awhile back and I finally remembered to buy some lemons. 
Of course, I did modify it some. But just with subsituting my "somewhat healthier" ingredients and no real modifications.

Lemon Crinkle CookiesMakes 2-3 dozen

Ingredients:
½ cups butter, softened (I used Unsalted, organic)
1 cup granulated sugar ( I used organic coconut sugar)
½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoons baking powder
⅛ teaspoons baking soda
1-½ cup all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour, and 1 cup unbleached AP Flour)
½ cups powdered sugar

Directions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light colored baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again. Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte {not melty or shiny}. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Here is the original link:
LDS Living

They are really good.
I just ate three.
 I made them pretty small though,
so I'm sure I can have a few more!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Make My Day! I always look foward to reading them! Thanks!