Thursday, September 1, 2011

I spent the morning cleaning up;
digging into the abyss under the couch to find all of the disgusting
little dust-covered toys (and food particles) that have been hiding;
moving "All things breakable" to higher ground;
closing doors;
disinfecting all of the baby toys
and arranging them just so....



And this is what he plays with...
He pulled a decorative basket off the high shelf...
And he's so stinkin' cute...I'm not gonna' tell him "NO"

~~I guess he gets to play with the apples then~~


My nephews came over to play one day this week! We had alot of fun and everyone, including my own children, behaved the whole time. (I know, SHOCKER!)

Here's a couple of fun things that we did.


For our morning snack we made some Watermelon Lemonade

It was Super-Delicious!
I found the recipe at Oopsey Daisy



Ingredients:
2 cups watermelon, cubed
1/3 cup Country Time Lemonade Mix
1 1/3 cup water
2/3 cup ice

Put all ingredients in your blender and TADA!
Watermelon Lemonade


My nephew Joe enjoying his lemonade



And when the afternoon naps came around
We made these awesome little
Tattle Monsters

I found these last week and I wish I had discovered them at the beginning of the summer!
Giggles Galore n More did such a good job.
I L-O-V-E this idea!

~First, we spray painted some empty Kleenex boxes~


~Then we added foam teeth, eyes, and ugly monster's spots~


~While our monster's spots were drying, we printed out the little card that goes with them~
(You can find it at the link above)



Already, last night, Brett was trying to tattle on someone and Haley yelled,
"Mom doesn't want to hear it! Go tell your monster!"

Ya, that's right. I'm not winning Mom Of The Year.
I'm okay with that.  :)

Sarah



2 comments:

  1. What the heck is that on Nathan's head? I'm glad they had fun. If you took more pictures can you send them to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't take but a few...I was a little busy :) And he has a million bug bites from mom and dad's house, so mom lathered him up with benedryl

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Make My Day! I always look foward to reading them! Thanks!