Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Creamy Beef Stroganoff

Okay, I know this is nothing new. And every one of you probably has your favorite go to Stroganoff recipe that you and your mom and your mom's mom have been making for years...
But this turned out sooooo good, I just had to share!
I am a member of Kraft First Taste and occasionally I receive coupons to try out their new products. The latest one I got in the mail was for Philadelphia Cooking Creme.
I know this isn't the "Cleanest" of things to eat. But FREE is FREE! The creme came with one of those nifty recipe tags on the top so while I was at the store we picked up the rest of the ingredients for the stroganoff.

I tweaked it just a little , as always
 For the original recipe, go here: cookphilly.com

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 lb. beef stew meat
Olive oil
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
1 tub Philadelphia original cooking creme
1/3 cup organic beef broth  (or make your own)
2 cups whole wheat egg noodles
Chopped parsley for garnish

Heat oil in a large skillet and cook meat with onions until meat is cooked through. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm. Using your drippings still in the pan, saute' mushrooms and pepper about five minutes.
Add the creme, stir until combined. Return your meat to the pan and add the broth. Cook for five minutes and remove from heat.

Add your noodles and stir to combine .Then garnish with parsley.


I don't know how to make Stroganoff look pretty....But it sure was tasty!

I roasted up some heads of garlic to spread on sliced bread and served it up with fresh asparagus from the garden.
We had none leftover. Which is sayin' somthing!

Thanks for joining me today! Don't forget to come back Friday and we will get our craft on!
                                                                                            Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Make My Day! I always look foward to reading them! Thanks!