Sunday, May 8, 2011

So I’m on the second week of the 31 days to clean challenge and I’m doing pretty well, I think.  It’s basically just having a scheduled routine of the “every-once-in-awhile” chores.
This last week, I have:
Written and framed my mission statement,

cleaned my refrigerator
(isn’t it beautiful?! It’s okay to be jealous.),



Wiped down all of my cabinets
(which is quite a chore because we are still under construction over here!)

Cleaned the oven; which hadn’t been done since Thanksgiving,

Washed the kitchen windows,
(Picture me in a cute little maid’s uniform and high heels. What? Isn’t that how you do it??)

And organized all of my kitchen drawers.

 If you have been doing the challenge as well, you’re probably thinking that I have missed something…ya ya, I didn’t organize my cabinets and pantry…before you freak out, let give you my list of excuses:
I am still waiting on my pantry cabinets to come in, so my regular kitchen cabinets our housing EVERYTHING until they get here; at which point I will then do Day 6 and 7.
(That was one of the longest run-on sentences I have ever written!)

Anyway,
I’m still working on the WHY to cleaning…after everything else I have to do in a day, deep down cleaning just isn’t a priority.
In the book, it suggests asking your family what it is that you do (cleaning-wise) that they appreciate the most. One of my girls said,”When you clean my room”
My other daughter said,”When you do the chicken chores.” 
Well, duuuuuh! Of course that’s what they would say!
Anyone loves it when their work gets done for them…Oh well, I still have 24 more days to figure out the “Why”

And just to show you a little bit of the construction going on over here....my new floor!! My husband and dad did a great job installing (Even though apparently I picked the most difficult flooring in the world to put in!) and it looks great!
Hard At Work

Unsealed but still, I HAVE A FLOOR!

 
Have a great rest of the weekend, everyone! I’ll see you back here tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Make My Day! I always look foward to reading them! Thanks!