Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easy English Muffins

I love breakfast breads! Bagels, Croissants, Danishes, Cinnamon Rolls and everything in between! So when I saw this post for english muffins on Facebook, my griddle was out and I was ready to go!

Raisin English Muffins:
Ingredients:
1 c very warm water
1 T yeast
2 T honey
1/4 c oil


1 t salt
1/2 c raisins (optional)
3 c flour (about)
2 T cornmeal

Proof yeast in water and honey. Add oil, salt, raisins, and a few cups flour. Stir till smooth. Add additional flour till dough is manageable and knead for a few minutes by hand or with a dough hook in the mixer.



Roll dough out with a rolling pin and cut out circles about 3 1/2" diameter. Sprinkle the counter with cornmeal and put the muffins on this surface to rest. Let rest for ten minutes or so.




Heat griddle. Bake muffins for about seven minutes on each side. You want the heat to be fairly low but make sure that the centers are done.


This makes about a dozen muffins.

Served up nice and warm with some strawberry jam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Make My Day! I always look foward to reading them! Thanks!