Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Two Things

I don't have all of my crafty pictures loaded yet but I just thought that I would give you something while you wait for the good stuff!



My "Make Every Week Granola Bars"
(are you excited? you should be........)

One of my friends posted this recipe on Facebook awhile back and I had tried so many others with no success, I tried this one too; figuring I had already wasted two containers of peanut butter on nasty mushy bars, what's a little more? Right?!
So,  here's the recipe and it is a good one!! As always, I attempted to make it healthier by losing some peanut butter and substituting applesauce for butter BUT it never turns out right. This is
The Actual Original From Facebook Recipe
Enjoy!

1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. honey
3/4 c. melted butter
1 TBSP. vanilla
3 c. whole oats
1 1/2 c. rice crispy cereal
1/2 c. wheat germ or flaxseed meal
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
Preheat 350*
Combine first 8 ingredients and then fold in the chocolate chips. Press into greased jelly roll pan (or cookie sheet). Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until set and edges are browned. Cool on wire rack. Allow to stand covered for 1 day. Cut into bars and individually wrap in plastic wrap, store in an airtight container.

Did you notice my Mason Jar Mug? I just had to show one off! My sister called me this past weekend and sent me digging through some old ladies cupboards to find them...What a deal! Paid $4 for six! Beats the ones at Pottery Barn for $25! Anyway, back to cooking.........
 
My latest love in the kitchen is this:
It only has one ingredient......Gelatin. Period. That's it. No reading long ingredient lists here, folks.  All you do is mix up 1/2 cup of boiling water with the gelatin; add your favorite juice and you've got
"Preservative-Free" J-E-L-L-O

It's juice. I swear!

Although, If you make it with apple juice,
they kinda' look like they should have little labels and be taken to the doctor tomorrow..............if you know what I mean. My kids think it tastes great either way, so have fun trying out these latest recipes and I'll see you soon!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Make My Day! I always look foward to reading them! Thanks!